Primary Election Day is next Tuesday, July 7th. In light of the coronavirus pandemic and Executive Order No. 144, ALL DEMOCRATIC AND REPUBLICAN REGISTERED VOTERS WILL AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE A VOTE-BY-MAIL BALLOT for the Primary Election. If an Unaffiliated or Inactive Voter would like to participate in the Primary, they should complete and return the Vote-by-Mail Application that will be sent to them. If you have any questions pertaining to the Vote By Mail ballot, please contact 201-336-7020.
If you want to participate in the Primary Election, use the Mail-in Ballot and prepaid postage envelope that has been issued to you. Mailed Ballots must be postmarked no later than 8:00 p.m. on July 7, 2020. The deadline for delivering your ballot in-person to the Board of Elections, or placing it in one of the secure drop boxes is 8:00 p.m. on July 7, 2020.
Ballot Drop Boxes Locations
Ballot Drop Boxes are available 24-hours. Ballots must be in the Drop Box by 8:00 p.m. on election night. Ballot Drop Boxes can be found outside in the following locations:
- Demarest - 118 Serpentine Road (Borough Hall)
- Fort Lee - 1355 Inwood Terrace/Anderson Avenue Circular Driveway (Fort Lee Community Center)
- Hackensack - One Bergen County Plaza (County Administration Building)
- Ramsey - 30 Wyckoff Avenue (Library - in rear of building)
- Ridgewood - 131 North Maple Avenue (Village Hall)
- Rutherford - 176 Park Avenue (Borough Hall)
Three polling locations will be open in Bergenfield on Primary Election day. Each polling location will have one (1) voting machine. Please note, the voting machine is only for voters with disabilities who need the accessible voting device. Should you choose not to vote on the Mail-in Ballot and visit a polling place on Primary Election day, you will only be able to cast your vote using a Provisional Paper Ballot. The following polling locations will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on July 7th for the designated districts:
- Borough Hall - Council Chamber (Districts 1,2,3,4,16 & 17)
- Roy W. Brown Middle School - Room 45 (Districts 5,6,7,8,9)
- Lincoln School - Room 117 (Districts 10,11,12,13,14,15)
For more information, please visit the Borough Clerk’s “Voting Information” page on the Borough website at www.bergenfield.com. If you have questions pertaining to the Vote by Mail ballot, please contact the County Clerk’s office directly at 201-336-7020. For questions pertaining to the Primary Election, please contact the Borough Clerk’s office at 201-387-4055 ext. 6.