Notices & Announcements
Leaf Collection - Monday, October 31, 2016
Leaf Collection Update - 10/25/16
DEP Drought Warning - Public Strongly Urged to Reduce Water Use
Please be advised, Department of Environmental Protection Commission Bob Martin today placed 14 Counties encompassing in Northern, Central, and Northern Coasal areas of New Jersey under a drought warning due to ongoing precipitation deficits and deteoriating water-supply conditions, particularly storage levels in reservoirs. Please note, Borough of Bergenfield, County of Bergen, are included in the drought warning.
DEP offers the following tips to reduce water use:
- At this time of year, it is appropriate to let your lawns go dormant.
- Turn sprinkler systems off automatic timers.
- Use a hose with a hand held nozzle to water flowers and shrubs, or let them go dormant.
- Use a broom to sweep the sidewalk, rather than a hose.
- Wash vehicles with a bucket and do not run the hose more than necessary, or use a commerical car wash that recycles water.
- To save water at home, fix leaky faucets and pipes. Consider replacing your toilet with a low-flow version.
- Upgrade your shower head to low-flow.
- Upgrade your faucets or install faucet aerators.
Garbage Container Pick-up in Quadrant 4 - Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Leaf Collection Update - 10/21/16
Voter Registration Deadline - Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Please be advised, the deadline to register to vote in the upcoming General Election is Tuesday, October 18th. The Borough Clerk's office will be open late night until 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18th for any residents that would like to register to vote. Please stop in and visit us on the second floor of Borough Hall, room 21. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Borough Clerk's office at 201-387-4055 ext. 6.
Leaf Collection - Monday, October 17, 2016
Bergen County Clerk Satellite Office & Passport Outreach Services at Borough Hall - September 28-30, 2016
Low Impact Exercise Class - Thursday, September 22, 2016
Low Impact Exercise Class, sponsored by the Bergenfield Barrier Free Committee
Thursday, September 22, 2016, 9:45AM
Bergenfield Senior Center, 293 Murray Hill Terrace
Under the instruction of Blue Dragon Martial Arts
Exercise while sitting. Increase circulation and range of motion. Open to all, including those who are wheelchair-bound.
Space is limited. Sign up today. Call Linda at 201-540-7285.
Page 4 of 32