Zoning Officer review is required FIRST for the following:
- A/C units need zoning approval
- Curb cuts placement
- Garage - Driveway chagnes (additions & enlargements)
- New House
- Retaining Walls
- Swimming Pools
Homeowners must provide a scaled copy of property survey (including sidewalks, driveways, sheds, etc.) with proposed addition or proposed plans to scale. Survery and or plans must have proposed location of new structure- to scale. All setbacks (distances from front, side and rear yards) must be indicated as well as size and square footage of proposed addition. All additions and dormers must submit certified height of structure above curb height.
Upon receipt of Zoning Officer approval, applicant must then submit three sets of plans and complete permit application.
- Sheds must be 3ft in from rear and side property lines.
- Pools must be located 10ft in from rear and side property lines.
- Driveways must be 2ft off side yard property line.
- Curb opening should have 20' maximum opening.
Zoning Officer has up to 10 business days to review submitted applications.
Construction Department inspectors have up to 20 business days after zoning approval to review submitted applications.